SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Con Life~ Expcon 2011

Herro there~
This is a bit late, my vlog on youtube will be even later since after this lovely con, I didn't go home. Instead I went off on a romantic adventure! LOL

okie dokie so~
This most recent con that I had opportunity to go to wassss EXPCON 2011.
It's in St. Augustine, Florida which is about 45 minutes from where I am so I consider it my "home con".

This was it's 4th year so it's still fairly new but it's always really laid back and I think that's one of the qualities that I enjoy the most out of it.

ONWARDSSSS

Friday~
I actually arrived on thursday~ I'm part of staff (I somewhat lied in my first statements about it. It's only laid back if you're just a normal attendee xD)
Anyways, Friday is always the strangest day for me. You're suddenly thrown into con scene, which isn't a bad thing, but it's very shocking. Nothing really goes on during friday so for the most part, I help behind the scenes. Stuff like cutting things, punching things out. Simple things that make the con run.
At expcon, there's a game that can be played, for a small fee, unless you're a level 50+ then it's included. It's called "The Con Ends with You", based loosely off the game, The world ends with you. Each year it has a different theme. This year it was based off of Persona.

I was asked to cosplay a character from Persona 3 and act as a social link and boss battle.
ELIZABETHHH

These pictures were actually taken on saturday but I was dressed as Elizabeth on both friday and saturday for the game.
Friday ended amazingly~ At 9 there was a Prom/Masquerade/Dance thing that started last year. I always enjoy dressing up~ (derpppp)
I went with my boyfriend but for some reason, none of those pictures turned out.
This is the only useable picture I could find. The rest of them were of me dancing strangely. xD
Anywaysssssss. I really REALLY really liked this dress. Normally blue makes me look super orange but this weekend blue decided to be my friend. BLUE WEEKEND. xD
The other girl in the picture is my sister, Saiyora-Saga
Fun night. Though, I do wish they were a tad bit more strict on dress code. OH WELL. Didn't tamper with my night. xD

Saturday~
 CATURDAY. Saturday is the craziest day since it's the most busy. EVERYTHING goes on, on saturday. I was stuck in TCEWY room and the hallway when we were given our tasks.
During the game, the players had to go around to collect cards. To get them, they had to pass a test or sorts. The questions that I came up with were "What color is my underwear?"
Which only one person got. xD
Next was, "What ethnicity am I?"
HA. NO ONE GOT IT. SUCKAAASSS
Along with questions like "How old am I?" Everyone kept saying 20+..hrm..do i look old? D:
I also did tasks like singing the theme to doctor who and asking "what is my favorite british tv show?"
NO ONE GOT IT. WTF?! xD
I would also ask questions like "What is the #555 pokemon?" and give tasks such as "Sing to me the sailor moon theme song"
MUAHAHAHA.
The day was pretty good overall. :3

Sunday~
I, being a singer, host expcon's singing/performance competition. Miki's Magical Musical Extravaganza. Or MMME for short. xD
There's 10 contestants that perform live. It started last year and the trophies get even better! ALL CRYSTAL this year.
My guest judges were Charles Martinet, the voice of Mario, and Ryan, the con chair.


On stage giving awards!

I was actually super sad at the end of the comp though. You have people who like it and people who don't. You can't really help that but it doesn't stop it from taking away from your overall experience. :(
OH WELL~

Expcon has always been close to my heart and I'll continue to go every year!

Whelpppp. That's all for now. Expect more posts later on when I get home. :3

~Miki

4 comments :

  1. I really enjoyed the con as well! and even though we barely even seen each other it was nice seeing you....(not nice having you make fun of my missing voice xDDD)
    My whole weekend consisted of car break downs, one photoshoot, pain (lots of pain), and FUNNNNN lol but i will be back next year definitely and (hopefully) I can get my panel & enter MMME....hopefully other than that it'll be table time againnnn~
    Oh your cosplay was too cute (persona) and your kigu made me jealous you looked cute AND warm. xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! New follower here :3 I hope we can be friends!

    Oh my. Those glasses. I'm so jealous. Haha >w< Kawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Pb-tan
    LOL I hath no idea on what thou is speaketh of.

    YOU BETTER ENTER MMME NEXT YEAR.
    Uhghghghghg My kigu was so hot. x_X It had to work out to where on the day I wore it, it gets warmer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Marion ♥
    Awww yaye!
    I hope we can be friends as well! You're so cute >w<
    xD A lot of people really liked them. I'll be making tons of them to sell soon~ Maybe have a give away as well. :3

    ReplyDelete