SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

[Review] Freetress Karissa in HazePurple {Picture Heavy}


Hello all~

As most of your know, I am absolutely obsessed with wigs. 
I started out with just a few "as needed" for cosplays but it quickly transitioned into a full swing addiction.

I enjoy wigs of all kinds and colors but recently I've been really into lace fronts in "creative" colors...especially when they're well priced! They're technically "normal" colors to me since I'm so used to wearing them for cosplay but they're seen as trendy colors in normal fashion wigs.

The colors I usually stick to in "fashion wigs" like these are reds but purples really speak to me as well. 

One of my favorite beauty supply stores in Jackosnville posted a wig on instagram that was very similar to this! I almost purchased that exact one but found out the color was a more red purple. I LOVE violet reds but I was looking for a more blue purple because I wanted to possible use it for a Psylocke cosplay as well. I've been on the search for the perfect Psylocke wig so every time I see a purple wig, I think of her.

Anyways, before I get really off topic, follow the jump for the rest of the post!




I did a little bit of research first so that I could decide on which color I wanted since there's so many different shades of each color. Youtube really helped me out a lot because you can see the wig "in action".
The choice was between OTPurple and Hazepurple. From the swatches shown on the site, Hazepurple looked a lot darker then OTpurple but people who happened to purchase both said they were actually very similar with minute differences.

The place I ended up purchasing from was Sistawigs. I really love the fact that they have actual pictures of the wig in each color! If you go to the link, you can see that both purple wigs look noticeably different from each other which made me second guess a few of the reviews. OTPurple looks a lot more blue while the Haze looked more red.

Eventually I just decided upon the Hazepurple because the wig was soooo cheap that if I didn't like it, I'd just go ahead and buy the other one, haha.

I purchased the wig on a monday and ,after some weird acrobatics in the sups system, it arrived to me on the following friday!

The wig itself is $29.99, shipping was $8.20 so I paid $38.19 in total for it! SUPER affordable~


It came packed in a decently large box so I was surprised when I picked it up from my front office.

Along with the wig, the also included a free wig cap and comb set!

10 combs for free! Yeah!
I really do love lace fronts and especially the ones with an "L" or "J" part because they really help in making it look natural.
In photographs, the wig looks like a really nice deep blue purple but it really depends on the lighting.
This lace is "french" lace which is a lot stiffer and rough but it he olds it's shape really well.
"Swiss" lace is the really soft lace but I personally prefer the french kind since I feel like swiss lace stretches out way too easily.
All of that excess lace gets trimmed off.
This wig has A LOT of volume. Everywhere. In the front, in the back, etc. The wig is super thick which makes it so voluminous but also has some shorter strands to plump up the back.
As you'll see in the following two pictures, the wig can look really different depending on the lightening.
 Here it looks like a nice, rich dark purple.
But in this picture, it's lighter and has some red hues in it. The reason for this is not only the lightening but the wig fibers themselves. There's a really gorgeous blend of different shades of purple throughout the whole wig so you have some blue and red purples in there.

This wig has front and back combs sewn into it to better grip your hair so that it really feel secure. I have A LOT of hair (both thick and long) so these combs really help the wig to stay in place.

It's designed to have a side part with a dramatic, volumized "swoop". I went ahead and put a little hairspray in it so that it wouldn't separate from the sides and would always have that nice back swoop.

You are able to heat style this wig up to 400 degrees which never ceases to amaze me. Wigs have really come A LONGGGG way. This wig is COMPLETELY synthetic and yet you're able to style it with a flat iron or curling iron.

I personally won't be heat styling this wig since I really love the look of it already but tweak away if you feel the need to!


And now the photo spam!

This is kinda what I mean by the front swoop "separating". If you don't watch it, it can look like a detached piece just hovering over your face, haha. That's why a little high hold hairspray goes a long way!
The wig really has SO much volume! Look at all that hair!



It can also be used for a lot softer looks and could definitely scream "Mermaid!" or something!




Thanks for taking the time to read! Don't forget to comment below if you liked the review! <3

2 comments :

  1. Hey, first of all that color is very striking on you. Most definitely revisit that shade again. I am confused how lace-fronts are different than a regular wig. Do they stay on better? The part that you trimmed, is that standarad & is it one of those things that if you mess it up the whole thing is trashed? The reason why I ask is while I am Caucasian, I have stick straight, fine hair and I'd love to experiment, but I wasn't sure if it was a matter of just putting on the wig cap and hoping it stays on. I can barely get a regular barrette to stay.
    thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, first of all that color is very striking on you. Most definitely revisit that shade again. I am confused how lace-fronts are different than a regular wig. Do they stay on better? The part that you trimmed, is that standarad & is it one of those things that if you mess it up the whole thing is trashed? The reason why I ask is while I am Caucasian, I have stick straight, fine hair and I'd love to experiment, but I wasn't sure if it was a matter of just putting on the wig cap and hoping it stays on. I can barely get a regular barrette to stay.
    thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete