SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, February 18, 2013

Review: MUA Lipsticks 1,12,13,14,15




I mentioned in my last post that I received my MUA package finally~
 (on the site they said that you can't report it as "missing" unless it's been 35 days. 35 DAYS! 
D: Glad mine came in after about 3 weeks. :3) 

I was SUPER excited to get my MUA package a few days ago and jumped right into trying everything out. All of these lipsticks normally sell for about $1.50 but I got them 50% off! :D

I'm on my way to building my makeup kit so I wanted to try to stock up on lipsticks to melt into a palette. I really love to buy tons of colors...but I end up only using a few, haha. I normally don't wear any colors except a nude pink or red unless I'm just taking pictures of something. xD 

So, SWATCHES AND REVIEW AHEAD!
(Click "read more" for the rest of the post!)





The shades I purchased were
(In order of swatches from left to right)
14 Bare
15 Juicy (On the actual lipstick it said 16 Nectar but it had a sticker on it saying 15...so I'm really not sure what color it actually is)
13
12
1

In the following pictures, you'll see the lipstick and the bottom of the lipsticks!
The bottom of the lipsticks have a little "window" for you to see the color but it actually holds quite a bit of product! You can just unscrew it to get to the product. :3

1. Shade 1 is a beautiful medium/dark plum red. It photographs a bit lighter then it is which is a bit sad since it's a really awesome color in tube. It still looks nice though! I just have better "dark plum red"s. 
The texture of this is really nice though. It glides on smoothly and has awesome pigmentation, a little goes a long way and I just love how moisturizing it feels. 

2. Shade 13 is your normal bright red lipstick. It has the same amazing formula and texture that causes it to just glide on. A little goes a long way with this one too. I love red lipsticks. 

3. Shade 15 is a bright coral pink shade. This color is WAY too bright for me to wear. It's almost neon colored but I think I can tone it down with a bit of colored gloss. If only the formula wasn't crappy.
This lipstick seems to go directly into the lines in your lips and it applies splotchy. 



4. Shade 12 is a shimmery medium coral pink. That I hate. I didn't realize it was shimmery and now I'm just sad. xD The formula is fine...I just don't like the color.

5. 14 Bare is a lovely nude pink. It leans on the beige side when looking at it..but when applied it's pink-ish. :3 This is probably my favorite lipstick of them all since it's a really nice nude lipstick for me. Especially paired off with their lipgloss "sealed with a kiss". 

So, I like 3/5 lipsticks. Not bad! Especially since I could only go by online pictures. And my lipstick palette doesn't have to be exactly 100% colors that I like. Lol


Look out for my other Make-up Academy review posts~

Post a Comment