SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, October 25, 2015

[Review] Etsy Seller: AdamsGardenofEden Bath Bomb Calm Calamity


Hello again!

Since the wedding planning started, I've been looking on Etsy for a lot of bridesmaids gift ideas that I could put into bags for them and, since I'm huge about anything beauty related, I thought of bath bombs!

Originally I had planned on getting a lot of different scents but decided against it since I, of course, would end up picking scents that I personally liked and not the girl in question.

I still ended up being sucked into the land of handmade products on etsy and made a decently large order with AdamsGardenofEden on etsy because I've been in the mood to take a lot of baths and whats better then a colorful, fragrant bath?!
NOTHING!
TREAT YO SELF!

I have a Lush back in jacksonville that I've been too but it's always nice to support small businesses as well.

There were 8 bath bombs in total that I purchased and I've finally begun my "bath adventure"! I'm posting preview images on my instagram @mikilanii if you wanted to see them before I posted reviews!



 Since this is the first review of the 8, I'll describe the purchasing process and shipping here.

The bath bombs took about 2-3 weeks to get to me which is a bit longer then the stated time on etsy but I'm pretty understanding with handmade products so I didn't get too antsy with it, haha.
All the bath bombs were packed in a box with tissue paper and they were individually wrapped with bubble wrap and cellophane as well as their respective labels. 

NONE of my bath bombs were broken! 8D
SUCCESS!

I started out my bath adventure with the bath bomb that I initially liked the least. I ordered them for usage from worst to best in my own personal scent opinion, haha.


Fruity and floral scents are definitely my preferred fragrance so this one ended up at the bottom because it had a more "soothing" smell. It's hard to describe except that it smelled very "nasal clearing", haha. 

Here is Calm Calamity's description from the site:
"Adam's Garden of Eden Bath Fizzies are not your average bath bombs. Calm Calamity bath bombs will erupt in a fizzy, bubbly, foamy explosion in your bathtub bringing beautiful hues of violet, blue, shimmering white and bright pink to the surface. Calm Calamity is a wonderful relaxing bath bomb containing peppermint oil, lavender oil, and vanilla. This bath bomb is so soothing its perfect for the bath before bed.

A.G.E Bath Fizzies are natural and free of mineral oil, phthalates and parabens. Our bubbly and and moisturizing formula has grape seed and essential oils that have a number of skin nourishing benefits. Grape seed oil has several important health benefits. It is a good source of essential fatty acids and vitamin E. The polyphenols and flavonoids found in this oil contain strong antioxidant compounds. Most of the grape seed oil health benefits can be attributed to the presence of these nutrients

Ingredients:
Sodium bicarbonate, citric acid, corn starch, dead sea salt, peppermint oil, lavender oil, vanilla absolute, grape seed oil, cream of tartar, SLSA, coco betaine, soap colorant, essential oil blend, scent and joy.

Directions:
Place your bath fizzy
in the tub with warm water and enjoy soaking in fizzing , bubbling and jetting moisture fuzz.

A.G.E handmade products are natural and free of any mineral oils, phthalates, parabens, artificial preservatives and glycols."

 Originally I was very surprised that this particular bomb was so...white. The product picture from Etsy showed a vibrant purple bath bomb so I was a bit disappointed but I understand that these products are hand made so there will, of course, be discrepancies. 
 It had a really pretty shimmer on both sides!
There was some purple on the middle section so I was hopefully for more colors on the inside!

 Fizzing
 I spot pink!
 Still fizzing~
FINALLY! COLOR!!!


After Calm Calamity had officially finished fizzing, the water had turned a light grey/lavender color. I was let down a tad but the bath that resulted was very relaxing!



Like I said, I normally don't do "herbal" or "natural" smells like this but it definitely helped soak away the stress of the day. I even enjoyed the scent a lot the more I soaked!

The Bomb itself was very moisturizing and my skin felt hydrated after the bath.
With bath bombs, they always say that it may leave a residue due to different things (like glitter, colorant, etc) in them but this one was very easy to clean! I just simply drained and there was no extra residue left behind!



Color
Meh. It wasn't as exciting as I had thought it would be but it did change the color of the water a bit.

Fragrance
I actually thoroughly enjoyed this bath bomb! I thought it would be my least favorite but it had a very solid smell and was very soothing to my senses. It wasn't overpowering, it was just right and, because I like my baths hot, it actually felt very cleansing because it smelled like a "healthy" steam, haha. 

Post a Comment