SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, September 14, 2020

Boxyluxe September 2020 Unboxing

 

I'll be the first to admit that I have a problem. And my problem...is subscription boxes. 
I used to have three (Birchbox, Boxycharm and Ipsy) but I quickly realized that I enjoyed receiving full size products more then samples so once my birchbox came up for renewal, I canceled it.

I've always been generally happy with my Boxycharm and Ipsy glam bag plus though!

I have (of course) the normal Boxycharm Subscription that gets sent every month with 5 full sized products ranging from skincare and makeup to life style items for aprox $25 a month (not including tax).

With the base box, I also upgrade every 3 months (quarterly) to their BoxyLuxe Box. This include 8+ products, in which you get to choose 2 of them, for $49.99 (not including tax).

I was SUPER happy with this box in particular because I received items that I had been eyeing (because I keep up with spoilers and stuff) and am excited to share with you all what I got!





I haven't fully figured out my set up for product pictures for things like this so...here was the trial set up. 


I'll start off with my first CHOICE item.
I can't remember how many items I had to choose from but I'm personally a HUGE fan of Farmacy so I wanted to go ahead and snag this.
I don't normally use eye creams in general but one of the reasons why I enjoy subscription boxes is for the "surprise" and then I'll gift the products. ( lol )

Farmacy Cheer Up Brightening Vitamin C Eye Cream : Retails for $45 for .5 fl. oz
A super-hydrating, vitamin C-rich eye cream that brightens and helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and dark circles. Delivers instant radiance to the eye area! Clean, fragrance-free formula.

Paraben , formaldehyde donor , synthetic fragrance, phthalate, mineral oil and cruelty free!




Second choice item!

Mi;l Makeup Matcha Detoxifying Face Mask : Retails for $26.00 for 1oz

A solid clay mask stick infused with matcha green tea that controls oil, balances skin, and calms redness for a fresh complexion.

Something that's cool to note is that they advertise this mask as a
"FLASH MASK

Gotta be somewhere in a flash? Our mask stick formulas are concentrated, allowing you to apply less product than with traditional clay masks. This means you get all the benefits in 5-10 minutes. The formula also guarantees comfortable wear without the tightening/hardening sensation that often comes with clay, so you can go live your life without a hitch."

Also, it's cruelty, gluten and paraben free as well as vegan!


No box is complete with some sort of palette!
Eloise Beauty The Queen Eyeshadow Palette : retails for $46.00 and includes 20 eyeshadows in 4 stunning textures: 8 buttery mattes, 6 shimmers, 1 pressed pearl, 4 metallics and 1 duo-chrome topper.


The Queen palette possess immense energy of life, femininity and strength. Each colour tells a story, each colour holds infinite power and carries a unique narrative. Our highly pigmented colours, which are suitable for all ranges of skin tones, are inspired by stories; tales and legends of Kingdoms, taking you through a journey in time from the past to the present.


I don't often go out of my way to purchase or received "creative" color palettes since most of my looks are pretty neutral but the shades Sheba and Kingdom are AMAZING. They're more rosy looking and are right up my alley.




THE most expensive item in the box.
111Skin Rose Gold Brightening Facial Treatment : Retails for $135 for 5 masks

"The ultimate pre-event mask; this hydrogel formula infuses the skin with radiance boosting ingredients for a glowing complexion. 

Originally created as limited-edition item, this mask has grown into a global cult product and a staple in the 111SKIN collection. Containing 24k Gold and Damask Rose, this mask works both to illuminate and calm the skin for a party-ready glow. Used by supermodels, celebrities and influencers – this is a must-have in any skincare arsenal."

I don't know if I'd actually spend that much money on a mask unless it was a miracle worker but I'm willing to try it out!




I have too many lip products but at the same time...not enough. Always happy to receive a lipgloss (or balm, oil, lipstick, liner, etc)


Honey is a warm true nude shade ideal for light to medium skin tones.

Remember the first time you wore a lip gloss and how it made you feel: Sultry, effortless and instantly refreshed. We took that magic feeling of a gloss, eliminated the tacky, glittery gooeyness, and added nourishing oils to create a clean, comfortable, high-shine formula that you’ll actually want to wear. (Because it's 2019 and we shouldn't have to pick between beauty & comfort.)

  • Cruelty-Free
  • Vegan
  • Paraben-free
  • Gluten-free
  • Made with love in the USA
  • Almond Oil - Packed with Vitamin A, E & fatty acids that help your skin retain moisture and feeling soft
    Avocado Oil - Rich in Vitamin E, which leaves lips feeling moisturized & soft.
    Shea Butter - Nourishing emollient with vitamins A & E that softens & soothes.



    SUPER excited when I saw that these items were possibilities for the box and I was actually hoping for this exact one. 

    Fenty Beauty Killawatt Foil Freestyle Highlighter : Retails for $36 and comes with 2 shades

    Sand Castle (Metallic Bronze ) and Mint'd Mojito (Metallic Mint- Blue)

    Weightless, longwear cream-powder hybrid highlighter solos and duos with a hyper-metallic finish, born in a colorful range of rule-defying shades designed to make all skin tones pop.




    This is probably the one product that I was kinda "meh" about but, with such a good box, I feel there has to be a balance so I'm 100% A-OKAY with it. lol

    Ahava Mineral Hand Cream in Seakissed : Retails for $36 for the 5.1 fl oz size and $264 for the 3.4 fl oz.

    Treat your hands to a light but luxuriously rich hand cream that helps keep skin and cuticles healthy and protected from the elements. Best-selling formula is made with nutrient-rich Dead Sea water and smoothing Witch Hazel.

    • Replenish skin with 21 essential minerals, including magnesium, calcium, and potassium
    • Formulated for daily use, to elevate and lock in skin’s moisture
    Hypoallergenic, Vegan and Paraben Free! 


    I was ESCTATIC to get this PUR travel brush set. Not only is it pink, but I'm also a brush addict and continuously buy brushes that I (may) not  need.

    PUR Signature Travel Essentials : Retails for $49 and comes with the travel case and 12 brushes.

    Achieve your best looks and get polished, uniform results that last with our Signature Travel Essentials—a professional 12-Piece Cruelty-Free Brush Set with Cup featuring pretty rose gold printing. With a luxurious blend of irresistibly soft synthetic fibers, these vegan-friendly makeup brushes are designed to pick up and distribute makeup evenly and precisely with less fallout. These professional quality makeup brushes have everything you need to create a flawless look on the go and feature a convenient, bubblegum pink travel-hold cosmetic case brush container that easily snaps into place.



    Once again, I was SUPER happy with this box and it's contents. The cost of the box is $49.99 but the total value of September's Boxyluxe is $389!!!

    Do you have a boxy charm subscription? What did you think about this months box??

    Post a Comment