SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, September 20, 2020

Ipsy September Glam Bag Plus Unboxing

 


A couple months ago, Ipsy started to change how their "Glam Bag Plus" bags were done.

(Incase you're not familiar with Ipsy, they have 3 subscription types.
Glam Bag = 5 Deluxe Samples for $12/month
Glam Bag plus = 5 Full Size products for $25/month
Glam Bag Ultimate = 8 Full size products and 4 sample size for $50/month)

So, originally, you were able to pick one item for your bag and the rest would be chosen for you based off of your preferences. NOW, on the 2-3rd of the month, you're able to choose 3 of your items from a selection of products and then the last 2, they choose for you.

Part of me enjoys the control I get over my products but a part of me also enjoyed the surprises each month. 

Another thing they changed were the bags for GBP. All GBP  will be come with a drawstring bag instead of the little coin bags they originally came with. I think they changed this so that you can actually put the products in the bag instead of just shipping the products with a bag that they won't fit in, haha.

This month's bags were all a gold and burgundy themed corduroy theme which I was all about (Gryffindorrrrrrr)

buttttt, let's check out what came in this months bag!


Go-To Skincare Fancy Oil : Retails for $34 for 3.4oz

This was a product that was chosen for me based off of my beauty profile quiz that they recommend having everyone fill out and update frequently.

I'm personally a huge fan of cleansing oils and balms because they usually work SO WELL to break down waterproof makeup which is a MUST for me. This particular one promises to remove makeup, sunscreen and build up on the face without leaving it stripped.

The brand recommends it for ALL skin types from dry and mature to "young, oily and heavily made-up".

It's also all-natural, vegan and cruelty free.

Cute, clean, and worry-free: No silicones, parabens, PEGs, sulfates (SLS/SLES), GMOs, mineral oils, petrolatum, synthetic colours, synthetic fragrances or animal testing.
 

Starskin Close Up Mask : Retails for $12.02 USD

Starskin Glow Star Peeling pad Retails for $12.02 USD

These two products came as a set for the box and were also chosen for me.
I'm unsure if the 12.02 is for 1 single item and the site doesn't exactly specify either so...I'll assume it is?

I've always been a huge fan of sheet masks and that's why I have it listed as wanting them "frequently" in my beauty quiz for Ipsy. They pack a lot of moisture and are easy to travel with which is alway important for me.

The mask is supposed to firm, sculpt and improve the appearance of dull and sagging skin using a potent combo of hydrating glacier extract and tripeptide-1 (a major skin-restoring compound) to help boost skin elasticity.

The peeling pad is exfoliating and buffs away dead skin and clears clogged pores. You're supposed to be able to use it up to 3 times also! I haven't tried it yet but I'm definitely going to put it to the test.



Sakura + Sage Palette : Retails for $42

No box seems to be complete without a palette! I will be honest, I originally wasn't going to get this item. There was a setting spray that I was aiming for more but by the time I picked my products, it was already sold out.

It's a really pretty "All-in-one" palette with 6 eyeshadows and 2 blushes.

This palette is 100% plant based and vegan and is meant to offer smooth and creamy payoff for the face and eyes.

It's also talc, mineral oil, paragon, phthalate and gluten free!


The blush colors Azalea and Dawn are both super pretty and fit right in to the blushes I normally wear.



Feel Vitamin E balm : Retails for $24USD for .67oz

I LOVE lip products. Plus points if they're super hydrating AND smell like mint.
Although relatively expensive for a lip product, this balm is actually advertised as a multi purpose balm.

The site says "Lips, cheeks, eyes, elbows, and forehead"

The main ingredients seem to be castor oil and peppermint essential oil so I'd think twice about putting it around eyes but maybe that's just me.
I'm not sure if it's tinted or not but their website does hint at it giving a subtle, glossy wash of color.

Some of the reasons I love minty lip products is because it usually has a very refreshing scent to it that's not overtly "fake" smelling and I also love the slight tingle it leaves. 


Lip Quip : Retails for $12

The least expensive item in the box and also my last choice item!
Once again, can't say no to lip products. 
If you haven't tried a good lip oil, I highly recommend it! They leave lips hydrating and soft without any of the tack that may come with lipgloss.

This one is particular is infused with jojoba oil, almond oil, camellia japonica seed oil and shea butter for ultra hydration. 
It's also tinted in a sheer rosy shade that's universally flattering on lips!

Formula is free of paragons, phthalates, and mineral oil.



And that's it for this month! Hopefully you enjoyed this unboxing!

We'll be back at it again for next months boxes as well!

Are you subscribed to Ipsy? Which products did you get this month?

Post a Comment