SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, September 11, 2020

Kaja Beauty Bento Glowing Guava Review

 


Hello again!

I told you all that I would definitely be posting more and I plan to follow through!

One of this things that did NOT take a hit throughout this world pandemic is my makeup shopping.
Well, that's not exactly true. I did slow down on my makeup intake but mainly because I haven't been wearing makeup at all or taking part in any photoshoots recently.
I did a decent amount DURING the mandatory stay-at-home stuff but after that, nada.

One of the things that kept me entertained and not dying form boredom where my subscription boxes! I'm hoping to start reviewing those but with shipping being so finicky, it's been a toss up of wether I've been receiving them in a timely manner. Anywhoooo~
Onto the actual post! 


Ever since Kaja came onto my radar I've absolutely loved everything about them. The packaging, the colors...just the overall aesthetic of this company really hit my heart with a sledgehammer.

    But, I held onto what little control I had and never actually made the plunge to purchase...until now.

I have a Boxycharm subscription and every now and then they'll have a "Boxy Pop Up" where you can snag some CRAZY deals on products.

They had a decent amount of Kaja products this time and I was DETERMINED to get them. This was one of the products I was eyeing and right when the pop up launched, I put it into my cart.

Swatches online and packaging of this beauty bento all looked very pink which is what made me go for it initially. I'm a HUGE fan of pink eyeshadows and everything in that color spectrum.

When I received it...the actual colors (not swatched) weren't quite what I expected.

The first color, Smokey Sepia, looks like an amazing transition color (Spoiler: it is!) but not as...pink as I was expecting?

I'm not sure if they changed the packaging colors but other reviews I saw of this palette, the packaging was way more vibrant while this one was more neutral or smokey looking.
Either way, I was expecting this color to end up being just a normal sepia color that I could use as a basic transition color.

BUT, it swatches surprisingly pink! I would describe it as a soft rose color when applied which I LOVED.


The second shade is Sparkling Frose'

I was actually hoping that this color would be a shimmer Rose color which is implied by it's name. 
Instead, it was an almost metallic bronze with a hit, a HINT, of pink in there. Not my favorite shade and I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the biggest fan of shimmers anyways. 
I could take or leave this shade but it didn't DETRACT from the palette for me either.


The final color for this trio, Velvety Mauve.
Once again, I was expecting a more Maroon color from other swatches but I would probably describe this color as a reddish burnt brown just looking at the pan. When swatched it's a deep burnt rose color. 


Swatches!

Overall, I was a huge fan of Kaja's Beauty Bento in Glowing Guava. The matte shades are soft and buttery with a lot of color payoff and little to no fall out. Smokey Sepia was a tad smoother feeling then Velvety Mauve on my finger when I swatched it but that would be the only noticeable difference I felt as far as formula went. 

One thing about Sparkling Frose' is that's its not "crumbly" like some other shimmery/metallic shades. It also applies really smoothly.

All the shades blended well and worked really well together in their color scheme and I would definitely purchase again if I ran through this and hit pan. 

I rate a 5/5 hearts! 



Thanks for reading and be sure to stop by again for more posts!




Post a Comment