SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, October 10, 2021

OLENs Vampire Red Review

 


To match with the Vampire Silver contacts, it's other half, Vampire Red!
I feel red lenses are THE finishing touch for any vampire costume or makeup look and Olens definitely delivered on this. 
Since I already went on a mini rant about what original creative lenses were like in the Vampire Silver review,
dive into this post with me as I talk all about these lenses (but also my take on the "vampire" look for this review, haha)


As usual, starting off with the basics~

Monthly:
Silver and Red

Price: 
$24 a box (1 Pair = 2 lenses)
(At the time of posting, there's a logo deal on them!)

Diameter:
Graphic Diameter = 13.5 mm
Lens Diameter = 14.0 mm

Base Curve:
8.6mm

Material:
Hema





I'll talk about this again at the end when I do my overview but I LOVE the fact that the limbal ring is a deep burgundy color and not just a black.

SO SPOOKY! 


Color
I LOVE the fact that the limbal ring color for these lenses is a deep burgundy instead of the usual black. I think it adds an eerier look to it because of that. Almost like the black would be too "polished" looking where this still looks more feral if that makes sense.

Design
Along with using different red tones to make this lens so spooky, the texture in the design is really neat! How they did the designs and colors together it almost looks like the design is blood and it's contracting and moving around. Is it just me? Something about costume lenses and halloween just make me super excited even though I'm bad at halloween makeup, haha. 

Size
Although these lenses are still 14mm, they look enlarging! Because of the limbal ring, the lens adds definition to the eye.

Comfort
I know this isn't surprising necessarily, but these are super comfortable. Something that I've experienced in the past with costume lenses like this is that, the size could make them uncomfortable for some people but, because these are still a normal 14mm, they don't have that risk. You get the enlarging and creative eye factor without the discomfort.


Make sure to check out Olens Global by clicking : Here




Post a Comment