SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, January 25, 2023

OLENS Jennifer Series Lens Review [Gray, Olive, Brown]

 









Second new release for Olens in 2023 is the Jennifer series!

After all of the more natural lens releases, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that they were coming out with a more vibrant line.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE a good natural lens. However...normally when I'm taking the time to wear lenses (and makeup now) it's usually because I'm doing whole lewkkkk and vibrant lenses tend to balance those out a lot better in my opinion.

Super excited to see show you guys these lenses and if you're excited too, follow the jump!










Monthly:

Price: 
$21/box (2 Lenses in a box)
At the time of this post, they're on bogo!


Diameter:
Graphic Diameter = 13.3mm
Lens Diameter = 14.2 mm

Base Curve:
8.6mm

Material:
Hema



From the pictures, I was a little worried that these lenses would look a little too costume-y and floaty in the eye. Sometimes with vibrant and opaque lenses, it can look too harsh because there's no blending in the lens to help tone that down and that's what usually pushes it into the costume realm.

Fortunately, the people at OLENs really know what they're doing!


 
 

The design on this lens reminds me of an old circle lenses that I tried yearrssss ago when I used to cosplay...the nostalgia.


The brown is a beautiful honey color that's the right amount of bold color without looking one dimensional due to the blended design of 3 tones.




UHGGG. Olive colors have a grip on my heart. OLENs makes some of THE BEST natural but vibrant green lenses and I think it's because of the complimenting colors that they use to blend with them. (shout out to one of my fav lenses Russian smoky olive!)

For people with darker eyes, the warm brown color in the center helps the transition of the tones and I know they use that type of design a lot.

(I tried to do different looks for each lens as usual but like...I'm so out of touch with makeup right now)






Color
Both of these lenses are very subtle. In my head I have lenses categorized into different subsets-

Natural Everyday - (The most subtle type which ranges from clear to barely there in color and has minimal enlargement)
Your eyes but Better (This type of lens would fall into this category. It's natural enough that you can wear them daily but they add light and some color)
Natural Vibrant (Colored lenses that blend well and have a realistic look to them...but you know you're wearing lenses)
Vibrant (These are the lenses that are usually bright colors but are a little more muted then the costume lenses)
Costume (You know.)

And now that I've explained them...there you go, haha.


Design
The design of these lenses definitely helps what could have been costume lenses and brings a touch of realism. 

Size
These lenses do enlarge a little but not at an alarming size. I want to say that Olens categorizes this size as a medium and I would agree! It's so funny that because I've been wearing circle lenses so much now that seeing my natural eye size is a little weird.

Comfort
10/10 Super comfort!


Make sure to check out Olens Global by clicking : Here





























Post a Comment