SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, April 5, 2024

Allure Beauty Box [April 2024]

 


Hello~
I know every time I make a new post, it's always been a while and I promise I'll start blogging more.
Blogging has really taken a back seat to short videos in the social media world but since I'm not very good at video taking, blogging is it for me as a past time.

I tend to only start blogging again when I'm bored or have a stroke of inspiration and who knows which one will hit first.

So, sorry for my super sporadic posting and posting topics, haha.

Anyways~ I recently subscribed to the Allure beauty box after unsubscribing to Ipsy and boxy charm. The main thing that lured me was the first box that I received which had a YSL lip balm in it. That's not this one, haha.

I actually skipped a month in-between my first box and this one but I've been pretty happy with the box so far. 

Click the jump to read more details about the box!


Allure beauty box has a mix of full sized and travel sized products in each one and, from what I've seen so far, the value is pretty good. The box itself is $25 and you can usually sign up for your first box with a discount.

One of the things I miss about boxycharm and Ipsy is the amount of products you have a say in but, with Allure, you're usually given the option for a color/shade of the full sized product you get. In my first box I got to pick which shade of lipstick I wanted and in this one I got to pick the shade of bronzer.


Not always packaged the prettiest but I haven't had any issues yet.


The main reason I wanted this box was the full size Charlotte Tilbury Beautiful Skin Sun-Kissed Glow Bronzer. 
I believe they had all 4 shades as an option but I picked the FAIR one. I'm actually not much of a bronzer person but the fair shade is supposed to be a nice neutral color that can work as contour.

You can apply with a fluffy brush or, how they recomennd applying it, with a damp sponge.



by the way, this thing is huge.
I didn't realize how big this would be but there's .74oz of product and it's probably the size of my hand. I'm sure I'll get tons of use out of it!

Retails for $58 so already a great value for a $25 box.



This perfume Oil is "Missy" from the brand by/Rosie Jane.
I'm a huge fan of getting fragrances in boxes to try because it introduces me to new scents that I may not have tried myself.

This perfume is a blend of frangipani, green mandarin, coconut and pineapple.
I definitely smell the coconut but don't really pick up notes of anything else from the bottle. My nose isn't very discerning when it comes to fragrances like this though.
I do tend to lean on the more fruity or floral smells but I don't think this one does it for me.

( I just googled what frangipani is and it's apparently plumeria and I can say that this definitely does not smell like plumerias)

Retail price: $45 for 7ml



Because my hair is F.R.I.E.D. from bleaching and dyeing it constantly these past few years, any hair care is much appreciated.

The box included a mini size of Kerastase's Soin Acid Chroma Gloss which is good for 1 use at 15ml.
You're meant to use it in-shower and it turns into a cream that you leave in for a minute or two before rinsing out. 

Super excited to try this out but also worried that I'll like it, haha.

Retail price: $58 for 210ml



As an avid fan of all lip products (which is why I subscribed for the ysl lip balm) I was pretty happy to have another lip product.

This Bag Balm moisturizing lip balm is a budget friendly cult-classic salve. It only has 4 ingredients so it's a very to-the-point formulation and this one is fragrance free. 


Reatil price: $5.99 for .3oz



Frudia's Green Grape Pore Control Cream mini is absolutely adorable. 

I've actually contemplated gifting frudia mini's to my clients for Christmas but can never decide. Maybe this will sell me on it!

This "sherbet" moisturizer turns watery and cool when applied and rubbed in which I'm excited to experience! The texture of this looks really interesting and kinda reminds me of TouchinSOL's icy sherbet primer...which makes sense...with the whole "sherbet" thing.
It also smell so good! I don't shy away from things with fragrances and this smells a mix of fruity with a little floral in there.

Retail Price: $24.10 for 1.94oz



Last but also maybe least is Grande Comsetics' MD Lash Enhancing Serum.

Grande Cosmetics was involved in a class action lawsuit for False advertising because they didn't inform customers that it included isopropyl cloprostenate (ICP) which is a drug used to treat glaucoma.

I personally have no feelings towards this since I'm not really interested in using lash/brow serums to begin with, haha. I do wonder if it was included in the box to gain favor and more consumers though.

Retail Price: $68 for 2ml



Welp! That's it for April's box! If you made it this far, cheers!







Post a Comment