SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, May 31, 2024

ColEyes Contact Review [Infinite Stars Blue]

 


Another review coming at ya!

Besides lenses that are supposed to mimic real irises, I picked up a couple of "costume" lenses and this was one of them! 

I wasn't fully sure what to expect with this lens because it looked like it had a halo effect. (One part is brighter to simulate light hitting it at an angle)
With my astigmatism, lenses like that can move around so sometimes they can look off in pictures since they're supposed to sit a certain way to match.
You never know what they'll look like in person though!


Click the jump to see the rest of the review!



This was taken from the coleyes website to show the lens. 

These types of images are supposed to be a more realistic representation of what the lens would look like and I really appreciate them! Focusing on just the lens is helpful for see so I don't get distracted by pretty faces, haha.




These lenses are 14.2mm in diameter but I swear there was some enlarging to this lens!



From the picture of the actual lens, it doesn't look blue to me but, the blue definitely shows up on the eye!





You can see in the lenses that there's a brighter blue area while the other side is just a tad more muted. I think this is to mimc light hitting your eyes at a certain angle!


Color
The blue of this lens is really pretty. I actually wasn't too keen on it the first time I wore them but after a while I started to really like it, haha. The mesh of tones in it is really interesting with the brighter blue and the more muted purple-blue.

Design
I wonder what the inspiration for this design was with the duo tones in the color but the lens itself gives off a glossy eye-d look which I really came to enjoy. It fades into the brown of my eyes really well using the more brown/yellow tones around the iris.

Size
The lens specifications has this listed as a 14.2mm but doesn't list the design diameter. I don't know if it's the limbal ring throwing me off but I do think that there is the tiniesttttt of enlarging with this lens. 

Comfort
Very comfortable! The lens itself is thin and breathable and my eyes never felt dry with them in. 
















Post a Comment