SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, June 28, 2024

CLIO Kill Cover Founwear Foundation Review [ #04 Ginger]

 


I love when brands make mini versions of their foundations. It's such a good idea for people who don't want to commit to a full size or for people traveling and need smaller sizes to save on space and weight.

Clio's kill cover foundation mini size is the PERFECT size to get a good amount of uses without the foundation going to waste in case you ~dislike it~ or if you're like me and can never finish a full bottle without moving on to something else.

I feel like Clio products are a bit pricier then some other brands so this was a great choice for me to try this foundation and decide if I wanted a full size one after this (make it to the end for my decision? hahaha)



At $12-14 USD you get about .50 oz of product and a cute mini bottle~ There's not really a price discount for getting the smaller version since the full size version is 38g for $19-28 (depending on if it's on sale or not)



They definitely didn't skimp out on the packaging for the minis as it's still using a glass bottle which adds a bit of heft to it.

The applicator for the mini is a little spatula compared to the pump of the full size.

There's currently 3 shades available. When given only 2 options (21 or 23) I always go for 23 but it's still hit or miss if it matches perfectly, is too light or too dark. Each brand is different which is why the option of having a mini was amazing.

In the end, I went with 04 Ginger because it's easier to lighten a foundation than darken it for me.


This foundation is advertised as a thin matte foundation with no heaviness and a 72 hour wear.

Well, I can't attest to the wear time since I never wear foundation for that long but I can say that this foundation offers medium-full buildable coverage while maintaining a thin consistency. I apply using the spatula method (building super thin layers) and I was very happy with the application.
It didn't feel heavy at all and I like that it dries down and doesn't feel "wet" without setting it with powder.

My skin does lean on the drier side and I could see where this foundation might feel on the drying side for someone like me but, with the right prep ( for me it's judydoll's nourishing makeup base), it felt very comfortable and didn't cling to any dry spots.



I tend to lean more neutral / olive in foundations and this was a pretty good match! Once blended out, it looked really nice and not too warm.
Swatches on me never really work because my arms are two different tones and neither match my face. Living the life.


This was a screen shot from video I tried to do. Very "ANTM". You wanna be on top? Nahhhh nahh nahh nahh nah nahhh


TLDR: Matte medium-full buildable coverage with good wear time. Thin application and dry skin friendly with the right prep. Good color match for my fellow neutral Li-diums out there. Will definitely repurchase in full size. 




I listened to Sabrina Carpenter the whole time I was doing this look. 






Post a Comment