SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, July 9, 2024

ColEyes Contact Review [No Makeup Monday Blue]

 


Another day, another review. As lackluster as my intro is, the rest of the post is just me gushing about this lens. Incase you wanted a TLDR in the beginning, haha. 

I'm sure, like everyone else, I've learned to be skeptical when it comes to advertisement pictures of everything. Even though there's tons of pictures of other people wearing contacts, you just never fully know if they edited them to be brighter, bolder, etc so I added these to my cart knowing they might not be as great as the pictures. 

I was pleasantly surprised with these lenses and have reached for them multiple times now!

Click the jump for some close up pictures of the lens at work~



I do think these little fake eyeballs show the most accurate take of the lenses but even these can be subject to lighting or tweaking.


Basic info about the lens~


I think a dark background really shows the details of the lens better than a light one. It washes out the details and you can't see anything.


My eye shots are completely unedited and in natural light.


So obsessed with these lenses that I took multiple eye shots, haha.


I really need to think of a way to categorize lenses. 
There's natural lenses, of course ,which have your barely noticeable contacts and on the opposite side, there's cosplay lenses which are cartoon-ish and distinct. The part that I have a hard time with is the in-betweens.
You have the lenses that are bright and bold and definitely NOT "natural" but mimic natural eye designs which I suppose would be the step down from cosplay? And then of course you have the in-betweens of natural and distinct lenses which I normally lump in brighter brown shades. 

Would it make sense to have it listed as
-Natural
-Inbetween
-Distinct
-Cosplay 
?

Obviously everything comes down to personal opinion and there's a lot of overlap between the categories which is where I have the hardest time...anyways, I'm rambling at this point so here's the end of the post, haha.


Color
The No Makeup Monday Blues (I don't know who names these lenses) were a beautiful blend of light and dark blue shades. They're bright but natural looking with the soft transition in color.

Design
The layout of colors that make the pattern on this lens is really neat. The darker blue around the edges create a false limbal ring which mimics a little enlargement and also defines the eyes. The lighter center adds a lot of dimension to the lens as well as the pattern itself.

Size
I think all the lenses I purchased all have a diameter of 14.2mm which is the normal size for lenses. No enlargement here!

Comfort
Very comfortable! The lens itself is thin and breathable and my eyes never felt dry with them in. 


In case these pictures look familiar, I did the Clio foundation review during this photo set also!




Post a Comment