SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Judydoll Nourishing Makeup Base [Review]


I've recently been getting more and more into Chinese beauty products (Chinese brands, not just products made in china, haha) and, if you're involved in the asian beauty community, you've definitely heard of judydoll by now!

All of their products that I've tried so far have been hits but I've only really seen the mascaras and lip products hit western media. Here's to hoping I can introduce you to a new HG product~





Judydoll's Nourishing makeup base is advertised as a multi-use product.
You can use it as just a cream moisturizer and it's very light and non-greasy on all skin types.
It's suggested that you can mix it with sunscreen to avoid the sunscreen balling up and finally, you can use it as a makeup primer.



This is supposed to help with dry skin issues like creasing, dullness and dryness.

I personally have dryer skin and this felt very creamy but light on the skin. Applies smoothly and rubs in well without leaving the skin feeling oily or tacky.

There is the faintest scent of citrus in it that I personally find really appealing. I hate to admit...I usually really like scents in products, haha, but I do tend to have a sensitive nose to some smells (like watermelon... blech)

Even for people with more sensitive noses, I don't think this will be an issue because it the smells goes away quickly and isn't strong to begin with.
 



I ended up depotting most of the product into a pump container for my kit but the tub is really cute and doesn't feel cheap.





After applying, my skin looked more dewy and luminous~ A little goes a long way!


I don't have a crazy amount of texture to begin with so my main goal with this product was for something to smooth out the dryness, make sure my base products didn't cling to any dry patches, and help with getting an even base.

I've used this on multiple people of varying skin types and textures and it worked really well across the board! I do a whole routine for bridal looks that can help with longevity and my last couple of brides said that their makeup stayed on until the next day (LOL)

My mind is still blown from how affordable this product is!

I'll definitely be keeping this in my kit from now on~






Look Details:

-Face-
Base: Judydoll Nourishing Makeup Balm
Foundation: CLIO Kill Cover Founwear in 04 Ginger
Concealer: 
the Saem Tip concealer in 1.75 and 1.5

-Eyes-
Brows: Flortte Eyebrow pencil in Ash Brown
Eyeshadow: Some random grey and silver eyeshadow LOL
Mascara: JudyDoll 3D mascara in Black
Eyeliner: PinkFlash Hypersharp Liquid Eyeliner in Black
Lashes: Amazon 
Blush: Flortte Nice to meet chu in #07 Sakura

-Lips-
Lipstick: Cute Rumor Matte lipstick Halloween Circus Series in Heartbreak Queen 

Wig: Shein


TLDR: Lightweight and non-greasy moisturizing primer that's hands down a dupe of Bobbi Brown's Base cream at a fraction of the cost. Has a SUPER SUBTLE citrus scent that goes away almost immediately. Dry skin friendly and this is my go-to skin prep for myself now! Smooths out dry patches and creates a dewy base to begin your base products.




Post a Comment